[Gruppo-Test] Desktop Testing: Overlay Scrollbar

Paolo Sammicheli xdatap1 a ubuntu.com
Mer 20 Apr 2011 17:33:13 BST

Ulteriore passata di Test!

Stanno valutando se abilitare le scrollbar per tutte le applicazioni, non solo quelle
attualmente in whitelist.

Chi ha Natty installato segua le istruzioni di seguito e ripeta i 5 test del testcase.
Nell'iso tracker indicate nel campo note le applicazioni che funzionano e, aprite i bug
per quelle che non vanno.

Per qualsiasi cosa venite sul canale e chiedete :)

Ciao!

To test the scrollbar with as many applications as possible you'll need
to disable the whitelist. To disable the whitelist prefix each
application invocation with:

LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=1 <command>

for example

LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=1 yelp

To enable it permanently, create a file
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/80overlayscrollbars with the content:

export LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=1

The tracker only allows 1 result per reporter and testcase. Paste the
list of applications with the results in the comment area of the test
case you covered.

Before starting to test the scrollbars, read the detailed instructions on:
  http://testcases.qa.ubuntu.com/Applications/System/Scrollbars

 * How to file bugs ?

In case you find bugs, please report them at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-scrollbar/+filebug

Don't forget to mention the version of the overlay library tested, and
of the application that exposes the problem. If the application crashed,
apport should have captured a crash file which can help narrow down the
issue more quickly.

You can join us in #ubuntu-testing on Freenode where we are coordinating
this effort and we'll be happy to help you in testing this feature.

Ciao
--
Paolo Sammicheli
EMail: xdatap1(at)ubuntu.com