[Gruppo-Test] Fwd: Kernel Team's Debugging Documentation

Paolo Sammicheli xdatap1 a ubuntu.com
Mar 1 Mar 2011 16:43:47 GMT

Aggiornamenti sulle tematiche di debug del kernel,

FYI

----------  Messaggio inoltrato  ----------

Subject: Kernel Team's Debugging Documentation
Date: marted́ 1 marzo 2011
From: Brian Murray <brian a ubuntu.com>
To: Ubuntu BugSquad <ubuntu-bugsquad a lists.ubuntu.com>

The Ubuntu Kernel Team has written a fair bit of debugging documentation
which can be quite helpful for us when we triage kernel bug reports.
They've asked for us review the documentation, by reading and following
it, so that we can help improve it by making it clearer and easier to
follow.

As an example I was reading the Debugging Kernel Boot and noticed that
there is a new boot parameter, vt.handoff=7, in Natty that needs to be
removed to see kernel boot messages.  I confirmed with the kernel team
by emailing their mailing list (kernel-team a lists.ubuntu.com) and then
updated the page.  I also noticed a couple of pages were missing the
debugging category and have been adding those.  If you get a chance
please lend a hand.  Their debugging documentation can be found at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/Debugging

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingKernelBoot

Thanks!
--