[Gruppo-Test] [Fwd: Re: Quantal Daily ISO Testing for Alpha One]

Fabio Marconi marconifabio a hotmail.it
Lun 4 Giu 2012 18:36:15 BST

La versione DVD per questa milestone non sarà realizzata, quindi
Giovanni Tornatore sei libero di testare ciò che ti pare.
Ciao

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs a canonical.com>
To: ubuntu-qa a lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: Quantal Daily ISO Testing for Alpha One
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 13:17:28 -0400

I was asked about the alternate iso's, so I thought I would share. The
ubiquity installer team has a goal (blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/foundations-q-ubiquity-lvm-luks) this cycle to eliminate the need for the alternate installer (and hence, the alternate installer cd's). This of course would be for ubuntu only, the flavors teams are free to continue to ship and support (or not) alternate images. The team has noted it will be a lot of work to accomplish this, so alternate installer images will continue to be generated in the meantime as a fallback in case they are unable to meet all usecases, etc.

In addition, you will notice that no ubuntu desktop DVD is being built
for alpha 1. This is because a goal has been put forward to migrate to
one image per architecture. Note this is an on-going goal, and still
being actively discussed.

In short,
alternate images will be produced and need to be tested in the interim.
No desktop DVD for this milestone

Nicholas