[ubuntu-it-www] Re: Post Release

Leo Iannacone leo.iannacone at gmail.com
Thu May 13 19:46:36 BST 2010

Il giorno gio, 13/05/2010 alle 19.41 +0200, Lorenzo Sfarra ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 18:39 +0200, luca wrote:
> [..]
> > Ah dimenticavo, io preferirei che la discussione in irc fosse fatta dopo la presentazione
> > di una proposta qui in mailing list, personalmenet mi trovo male a parlare coi tempi dell'IRC
> > di un progetto grande come questo senza avere sotto gli occhi il quadro d'insieme.
> > Cmq se si vuol parlarne in irc no problem, delego tranquillamente gli altri, intervengo semmai
> > il giorno dopo in lista se qualcuno avrà la bontà di fare un minireport di quel che si è deciso.
> >

> Ci avranno sentiti? [1] :)
>

> [1]
> https://lists.canonical.com/archives/ubuntu-website/2010-May/000918.html

Ehm.. sì...

Ho avuto un piccolo colloquio privato con newz2000 (il sender della mail
da te segnalata) subito dopo pranzo. Stavo raccogliendo info sul nuovo
brand, ecco una parte del log:

l3on>  Hi newz2000 :)
l3on>  sorry for quering ;)
newz2000>  what's up?
l3on>  In ubuntu-it we are planning to make some changes in website...
l3on>  first one, use drupal as ubuntu.com does
l3on>  so... We are interesting into new Brand and I looked for info
about this. I found this:
l3on>  ->
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-drupal-devs/ubuntu-drupal-theme/6.x-2010
l3on>  is it official?.. in the sense that can we base our work on that
branch?
newz2000>  No, I don't think so
l3on>  Can you give me a deadline for the new theme of ubuntu.com?
newz2000>  No, but it's coming soon
newz2000>  Actually, later today i'll be announcing a meeting for next
week to get all the intersted people together to discuss this
l3on>  in ubuntu-website ML?
newz2000>  Yes, I'll announce there and probably loco contacts
newz2000>  And my hope is to get a meeting set up for people like to
theme and people who want to use a theme
l3on>  Just another question: do you share sourcecode for LocoTeams ?
newz2000>  We do, but just to give you a heads up...
newz2000>  with the last release we had a lot of variety of theme
implementations...
newz2000>  some were decent, some were very poor
newz2000>  So I'd like to coordinate efforts so that all teams can have
a high quality look
newz2000>  and to add to that...
newz2000>  we'd like to avoid clones where the loco site looks identical
to ubuntu.com. They should feel releated, like brother and syster, not
identical twins.
newz2000>  This is what I'll be proposing during the meeting

...snip...

Concordo quindi con l'opinione di Fabio, vale la pena aspettare e vedere
cosa esce fuori dalla riunione internazionale...