[Gruppo-web] [loco-council] Disappointed by Canonical SysAdmin Team behaviour

cprofitt cprofitt a ubuntu.com
Gio 30 Ott 2014 19:35:17 GMT

Thanks for raising this issue.

I have never managed a Canonical supported website before so I would
like to ask for some background.

      * Is there an SLA that Canonical has made to community web pages
        they host?
      * Is there any agreement in regards to notification when problems
        arise?
      * Was it documented that the IT team has control of the drupal
        environment via LP? If so how did the IS team miss that they had
        made that change?
      * How is the risk evaluated? Is there a guide that those affected
        can be made aware of to help them understand?
      * Is there any site or communication that lets team know when
        service will be restored?

I can see with this particular vulnerability why action was taken, but I
think it is reasonable that the IS team communicate with the people
listed as contacts on the affected sites. Good incident response /
security teams have a designated person (often non-technical) that is
responsible for communications during incidents; does Canonical IS have
such a person?

Charles