[Lista-Gruppi] Fwd: Localized CD project naming convention

Paolo Sammicheli xdatap1 a ubuntu.com
Ven 6 Apr 2012 15:47:50 BST

Ciao a tutti,

abbiamo avuto il chiarimento con Canonical circa il nome del CD
Italiano. Hanno riconosciuto che non si tratta né di una remix,
trattandosi di un progetto interno, né di una "edizione" in quanto
"edition" è riservata ad una particolare categoria di derivate (boh!).
L'idea è quindi di chiamarlo semplicemente "ubuntu".

La denominazione esatta, quindi, diventa:

Ubuntu Italiano 12.04 LTS

Tutto sommato, a me piace anche di più :)

Ciao

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: Re: Localized CD project naming convention
Data: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:39:45 +0100
Mittente: Michelle Surtees-Myers <michelle a canonical.com>
A: Paolo Sammicheli <xdatap1 a ubuntu.com>
CC: Kate Stewart <kate.stewart a canonical.com>,  David Planella
<david.planella a ubuntu.com>, milo <milo a ubuntu.com>

HI Paolo,

Thanks for your email and apologies for the late reply.

We have reviewed your request and we agree with you that what you are
doing does not fall under the category of a "remix" as the concept of a
remix was designed specifically for those who wanted to make changes to
Ubuntu. As far as we can see, this is not what you are doing, and your
objective is simply to provide Ubuntu 12.04 in Italian.  This is not an
"Edition" either.

Therefore, we'd be happy if you simply called your localised version
"Ubuntu".  This is what the French locos do with the French localised CD.

You can download all the CD artwork directly from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DIYMarketing once it comes available.
Alternatively you can follow our brand guidelines at
http://design.ubuntu.com/.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,

Michelle
--
Kind regards