[Gruppo-Test] Fwd: Re: ISO testing: reporting bugs on "current" versions

Paolo Sammicheli xdatap1 a ubuntu.com
Lun 7 Giu 2010 20:05:47 BST

Inoltro una considerazione dalla lista internazionale che ritengo utile, perché anche io
in passato ho fatto questo errore.

Suggeriscono, quando si riporta il bug, di non inserire il codename nel titolo perché
altrimenti l'algoritmo di ricerca dei duplicati potrebbe beccare dei falsi positivi.
Ovvero ritenere che tutti quelli con la parola Maverick sono lo stesso bug. Suggeriscono
invece di usare i Tag.

FYI

----------  Messaggio inoltrato  ----------

Subject: Re: ISO testing: reporting bugs on "current" versions
Date: lunedì 7 giugno 2010
From: Brian Murray <brian a ubuntu.com>
To: J <dreadpiratejeff a gmail.com>

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 09:17:53AM -0400, J wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 06:44, Byte Soup <bytesoup a gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I usually put the release in the Bug subject line, something like this:
>
> [Maverick A1]Something happened that was bad and this broke.

It'd be best if you did not use the bug's title for inserting
information like "[Maverick A1]" as this used by Launchpad's duplicate
finding feature and will likely create false positives.  Instead I'd tag
the bug maverick, which would be done automatically if you report it
with apport, and only include the image information (in the description)
if it may be specific to that ISO and not the release as a whole.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master

--